Churchville (Fischer) School   
Elmhurst, Illinois
|

click above to enlarge

The Churchville School was built in or soon after 1846 to serve the farm communities twenty miles west of Chicago. It is probably the only remaining examples of a one-room schoolhouse on its original site in eastern DuPage County. The firm is preparing a historic structures report, documents for stablizing and restoring the building, and studies for renovation options. The classroom will be restored to demonstrate an earlier era of teaching. Landscaping of the site to its historic period and provision for parking and modern restroom and other support facilities are included in the project. The project is developed by the City of Elmhurst and will be operated by the Elmhurst Historical Museum.

previous project  back to historic restoration index  next project